The Furniture Recycling Project collects and recycles good quality furniture and electrical white goods. These items are donated to families or residents in need. They may lack the basic items that make their property a home.
Furniture is collected from empty properties and through donations from people across the borough.
SKylight really appreciate all your donations. Your donation helps people in need make their house a home.
Here are some of the items that have been donated to the Furniture Project...
From sofas to dining tables and chairs to...
Bed frames and...
white goods such as microwaves and kettles!
Please use our checklist below before submitting donations:
- Sofas, suites and armchairs complete with 1988 Fire Safety Label.
- Tables and chairs.
- Bed frames and bedroom furniture.
- Mattresses (only in pristine condition).
- Wardrobes and chest of drawers.
- Sideboards, dressers and coffee tables.
- Working washing machines and tumble dryers.
- Working fridges and freezers (under 10 years old)
- Smaller electrical goods.
- Curtains and cushions.
- Incomplete items e.g. sofas that do not have all the cushions.
- Ripped or damaged items e.g. sofas or cushions that have tears.
- Large 3 seater sofas.
- White goods over 10 years old.
- Used bedding e.g. pillows and duvets.
- Soft furnishings that DO NOT have the appropriate fire label attached.