If you are moving into a new house or need support with your existing tenancy, the Independent Living Team can provide you with the help and support you need.
If you require housing support, an individual support plan will be drawn up between you and the Independent Living Officer. This will include an on-going package of visits and support, which will be reviewed monthly.
The services available include:
- Advice on different housing options
- Help with getting furniture and household goods
- Advice on budgeting and benefits
- To liaise with, and signpost to, other organisations and agencies that can support with employment, education, counselling and more.
- Help attending first appointments
- Drop-in surgeries at Cornerstone Monday-Friday, 1pm-4pm
- Furnished tenancies - help with carpeting, furniture, white goods
- Block support - we have a dedicated officer in the blocks
- Drop-in surgeries for people living in temporary accommodation
- Help with your support needs through our Housing Support Officers